Cnvol.com logo

China Train Forum

Home: Forum: Where to buy tickets online safely
New Thread

This is a discussion on China Train within China Train Forum at cnvol.com.
Where to buy tickets online safely
Hello,
I need to buy some tickets:
- Xian to Luoyang and
- Shanghai to Xitang
Can you tell me where online may I buy them safely and paying fair prices?

Thanks a lot!

By: Alex at Oct 13, 2010 - 19:44
Never heard of a train station called Xitang, is it reached by train?

You can try google for sites who sell train tickets online.

On route Xian to Luoyang, you can try the China's new high speed train.

By: Ken at Oct 15, 2010 - 2:55
It is not advised to buy the tickets online because there's no online ticketing system. Buying online means you are buying from someone you don't know, and you are in potential risk of being cheated.
I think the best way is to get your hotel(if you have booked for one) or your friend who knows Chinese to buy the ticket for you. It's a weakness of the China railway system but for your own sake it's the best solution.
Xitang in Jiashan county.I guess you are going after Xitang ancient town. There's no train station at Xitang. You can choose a bus service at Shanghai. Or the new Shanghai-Hangzhou HSR will be open soon.(later this month).Jiashan South station is not far from the site. Maybe you can try this. But you'd better ask your hotel or a travel agent for more information.
As for Xi'an-Luoyang trip, you can either choose CRH train or normal train. It cost more for choosing CRH but the trip will be much faster and more comfortable.
Wish you have a good time in China.

By: Lewis at Oct 15, 2010 - 19:18
By the way for the Xi'an-Luoyang trip. If you choose the CRH train, you will be getting off at Luoyang Longmen Station.
It's far from the city centre and the tranport facilities is a little bit poor. But it's quite near to the famous Longmen Grottoes site. There are several bus routes run in a reletively low frequency. Taxi is also available but without supervision, the driver could charge you extra money.
I heard them from my friends who's been there a couple of months ago. Situation could've been improved. But take those into account when planning your trip.

By: Lewis at Oct 15, 2010 - 19:30
Hi,

Could you direct me to the person that handles your online marketing?

We are a US company helping our clients generate inbound leads, traffic and sales.

Our specialty areas include:

•Lead Generation services – Facebook ads, Email Marketing, PPC, YouTube

•Local SEO- get your business listed high on Google, Bing, Yahoo

•Voice SEO – get your business listed when people ask: Siri & Alexa for help

•Web Design – we have built over 300 custom websites for our clients.

Please let me know which service you are interested in and also who I should connect with to discuss?

Have a great day!

Debbie Silvers

By: Romeo Akeroyd at Feb 7, 2020 - 8:43
Reply This Thread

Name:

Email:

Content:

2005 - 2016 (c) All rights reserved by cnvol.com