Cnvol.com logo

China Train Forum

Home: Forum: Train ticket
New Thread

This is a discussion on China Train within China Train Forum at cnvol.com.
Train ticket
Any idea where can I buy the train ticket either online or travel agent outside of China?

By: Suzie at Feb 27, 2012 - 4:10
If you can read Chinese and also have a China bank card with internet banking service, you can buy online at China railway offical site www.12306, else you can ask your hotel or travel agent to buy ticket for you.

By: Ken at Feb 28, 2012 - 3:23
Check "The man in seat #61", www.seat61.com for travel agencies that will book tickets for you.

By: StrayDog at Mar 1, 2012 - 22:2
How far in advance do you need to book tickets?

I want to get a train from Beijing to Xian and Xian ti Shanghai?

Thanks,

By: Meera at Apr 24, 2012 - 3:42
Train bookings in China are opened 10 days in advance of departure. You can book much further in advance by using several online booking agents such as www.chinatripadvisor.com or www.chinatraintickets.net or www.china-train-ticket.com

You should also check out http://www.seat61.com/China.htm for good information for beginners on travelling in China by train. One thing to be aware of is that most stations only have signs in Mandarin though train numbers are in English.

By: Ian at Apr 28, 2012 - 0:13
it seems the chinese rail authorities and the travel agents are in collusion with each other.otherwise why,in this age of advanced internet facilities,a site ,friendly to users all over the world,can be started.and this added stipulation about only chinese credit accepted makes things difficult

By: ben johnson at Jul 26, 2012 - 9:13
Chinese rail authorities and the travel agents are in collusion? It looks so foolish. In fact foreigners in China, are so valueless to Chinese rail authorities, they have no interests to set up an English site to provide their service online.

By: Ken at Jul 26, 2012 - 17:51
i need train tickets i want go urumqi to jinan , plz help mack tickets

By: shahid ilyas hussain at Nov 29, 2012 - 22:50
Beijing to Guangzhou high speed railway to open on Dec 26.

By: Ken at Dec 21, 2012 - 5:59
Tickets can now be booked online 20 days ahead or 18 days ahead in person. This possibly means fewer tickets left for travelers from overseas who wait to the last minute.
I am quite sure that there is no collusion between the railway companies and the travel agents. Foreign visitors on trains represent a very small number of potential clients, much less than 1%, much less.
If you want to save money using an agent, do not go for delivery of tickets. Get an eticket and pick them up at the station.

By: JPDM at Jan 28, 2013 - 20:45
IRCTC give facility to check PNR Status by irctc sign up and see account detail to easily book and cancel ticket for traveling.

By: soumyaahuja at Dec 15, 2016 - 23:6
Reply This Thread

Name:

Email:

Content:

2005 - 2016 (c) All rights reserved by cnvol.com